Remember to click the pictures if you want to see a bigger version!
After breakfast, we were to rake pine needles to protect the area in case of a fire. First we were all waiting for the restrooms. Winny and Julie pose for a picture!
My friends and I are raking the pine needles. Although it is obvious that at this moment I slacked off. But hey, I threw all of those pine cones. Great work I'd say.
Karina and Winny are working together. This is where Winny ran away after Karina said she saw Winny standing next to a giant ant, the size of a finger. Could it be a potato bug? Anyway, our group became 'Team Big Ant'.
After about an hour or two, more friends joined together to help out on the cleaning! Still hours before lunch. Karina and I wonder constantly about what we will have.
So, we had croissant sandwiches for lunch! I never had a sandwich using croissant bread before. It was interesting. Anyway, here are my friends eating together on the same table with me.
We worked again after lunch until 2PM and by 3PM, we began to hike! 14 students including myself went together to find a trail. Don't worry, we got ourselves a chaperon and some of us are already 18.
Interesting that we're all different, don't you think? We got ourselves an environmentalist, a vegetarian, a student performing in drama, a runner, a wrestler, a football player, a friendly student, an Indian, a chaperon, a student from another school, the club leader, a youngster, a journalist, and myself, the adventurer.
The trail is a bit iffy... but we took it anyway. Downhill is pretty dangerous! Luckily, nobody slipped completely.
The trail is a bit iffy... but we took it anyway. Downhill is pretty dangerous! Luckily, nobody slipped completely.
Crossing rivers is my favorite part. It is like solving a puzzle - which rock to take? Which ones are slippery? Which one will knock over after stepping on it? It's a risk we all have to take!
Although I'm not close to Timmy, we are all one group so we must stick together. He was one of the last to struggle across this first river. Juan is in the back, ready to jump it instead of using the rocks along the way.
This is us, our second river. It is interesting to see all of us 14 with different personalities trying to achieve the same goal: crossing the river. This was tougher than the previous because the rocks were slippery and it was much more lengthy. But hey, it is a great image!
And the wrestler who performed as a temporary leader with much enthusiasm. Everyone else is just tired including me although I really wanted to continue.
With only 12 of us remain, now excluding the runner and the drama student, we continue onward to a trail-less area...!
Minutes fly and four more members decided to return to camp. Say byebye to the wrestler, the friendly student, the club president, and the student from another school. Only eight of us remain. On our adventure, we got sort of lost and the chaperon worried about our safety. We found a hollow mushroom which looked like a golf ball and it popped open when Julie steppe don it. The girls ran and screamed, thinking it was a snake egg.
Here I am! I love the open space!
And he believes it is not a kiddy ride.
Three-man totem pole. We returned after about 30 minutes and now we're back at camp for the pools. I only sat on the ledge with my legs in the water.
After the pools, many people were tired and not were willing to hike again. The vegeterian, the environmentalist, and I decided to hike but this time we started at the area upward from our camp instead of downward.
We found a swamp at another camp and it looked abandoned!
We entered the abandoned camp anyway even when it said that it is prohibited. The cabin here had a graffiti'd door and wooden-locked windows. Pretty scary... I have another picture of a rock with an arrow pointing upwards and broken benches nearby that adds on more to the mystery.
We decided to leave after hearing gunshot-like noises twice. Actually we ran back to our own camp. We didn't go back to the camp exactly. We found a new area to explore nearby and it is another swamp with a long bridge!
Julie, Uriel, and I decide to enter the creepy bridge. This is like from the movies. Who knows what may pop out?! There were a bunch of creepy noises.
We passed the bridge and found a dead end that could not lead us back to the camp so we had to go all the way back through the bridge. Oh my geezuhs. One part of the bridge was half broken so we had to take note of it and skip that step.
Walking back, we saw a hut with no door but there was a roof door. Strange...
Walking back, we saw a hut with no door but there was a roof door. Strange...
This is a group photo of all of us from our club at Teresita Pines before leaving. Some of them did a 'shy girl pose'. This photo is credited by Peter Ye. Click for a high-resolution picture.
Overall, this adventure was and still is better than the observatory mainly because there was much more to explore, the scenery is much nicer with a better environment, and I had a lot more friends going with me. Mentioned earlier, I took a bunch of pictures but I filtered some. I am still a deprived child but had a real experience for hiking through difficult obstacles. Although it was not a learning experience, it was an environmental experience and that's really good for me to have. What a great adventure!























looks and sounds like you guys had a fun time even if you did a lot of work - many hands make the work lighter! I go for a 3 mile hike every night - you should join me! - lol. peace, Al
ReplyDelete