Friday, April 8, 2011

Griffith Observatory

Hello everybody! My first adventure for this blog is the Griffith Observatory! It is said that many movies were taken place in this setting. Imagine yourself atop a large hill, and at one end, you can see the sign "HOLLYWOOD" from far away! The other end leads to a beautiful view of an expanded hill of adventure. The last end is directly into the observatory where you get to learn the history of the galaxy. Yes, there are many roads to take, but which one is the best? Who knows, just explore the place! Now let's see what I have done. Captions are above each photo in order.

When our school bus was free to roam, I first took a hike! I'm atop at the hill before going down.


 This is what it is like to go down a hill with tall walls aside of you. This girl seemed excited to hike too.


See that white building in the back? That's where I started. The observatory.


 There was still a lot more to go down to, look! Friends were getting tired and all it looked like was me going down further into nowhere.


 After 30 minutes of walking alllll the way back up, we went into the observatory and found Foucoult Pendulum. It is proof that the Earth is always moving.


 This is what the ceiling looks like above the pendulum! Pretty, isn't it?

I went to the bottom floor and there was a copy of Saturn below me. It is the most unique planet in my opinion.

 Here is where I learned something new. The Tesla Coil! The voltage production here is extremely higher than any other voltage-production. It is nice to just stand there and watch blankly, I promise you.


 I'm at the rooftop of the observatory! This is where the bus stopped at. To the left is "Hollywood" which you can barely see on the hill, and to the right is where I hiked.


 I stood at the rooftop for many minutes in peace. It was peaceful and the people around me were mature and quiet. Look at the pleasant sky...


 After watching a 30-minute movie (I could not take a picture in there, for courtesy!), I went back up to the rooftop to take a picture of Los Angeles. My cellphone is a bad camera but hey, look at all those lights!


Overall, I thought that this first blog adventure was very interesting. I took over 30 pictures but I cut short on my most favorite. I learned so much after reading all the stuff in the observatory. Like I said, I am a deprived child because I can't learn much if I can't go out to faraway places. And here was the proof. I learned too much in a day by going somewhere far, while having fun! BEST method ever for me.

- April 6, 2011; 3:10 PM - 8:50 PM

1 comment:

  1. it does look like an amazingly peaceful and remote place given its location. I would think that would be an amazing place to visit! peace, Al

    ReplyDelete